Principle and Effects
ZIPPKOOL® AND PHYSIOLOGICAL COOLING
1) By circulating air within the jacket, it completely vaporizes any sweat.
2) The amount of calories burned to vaporize 100 cc of sweat (water) is equal to thawing 800 grams of ice.
3) Humans have a natural ability to cool their bodies. The brain processes information from the heat detecting sensor from the body and produces the amount of sweat required to cool the body down.
4) Fresh air is required to vaporize sweat. If fresh air flows parallel to the body surface, sweat will vaporize completely.
5) Even if we drink plenty of water, it will only turn into sweat without air circulation, and the body will not cool down.
6) ZIPPKOOL® can generate plenty of fresh air circulation that runs parallel to the body.
Comparative graph of heat production:
Desk Work: 100kcal/hr
PHYSIOLOGICAL COOLING THEORY
The following diagram exemplifies the the difference between comfort levels. The left figure is when dressed in general clothing. The horizontal axis is temperature, and the left vertical axis signifies heat and coldness people feel, while the right vertical axis represents the amount of perspiration.
The figure below shows the range of comfort expanded while ZIPPKOOL® is worn and there is plenty of air flow running parallel to the body since complete evaporation of sweat = physiological cooling working effectively = comfort. Air conditioners are functional as a means to adjust the environmental temperature to a range in which our physiological cooler functions, while the ZIPPKOOL® widens the temperature range in which our physiological cooler works. Either way, the condition to attain comfort is dependent on our physiological cooler working effectively.